Sunday, April 03, 2005


Cannondale R5000 Posted by Hello
Here it is, my cannondale R5000. The only thing I've changed from stock are the crankset and tires. I changed the crankset to Dura-ace and the tires to Vredestein. I changed the crankset only because I like the way the Dura-ace looks. On the other hand, I changed the tires because I love the road feel of the Vredsteins. This bike is really nice. I had a Specialized Allez Pro with full ultegra and it was nice but didn't fit me well so I had to use a really short stem and that threw some things off. This bike fits me well and I love it. The Dura-ace crankset along with the aluminum Caad8 frame and Ksyrium Elite wheels make this bike surge forward with every pedal stroke. I think the biggest difference I can tell from other bikes I've ridden is how stiff the crankset is. I guess that's it because it feels nothing like any of the other bikes I've ridden, even with the same frame. Don't get me wrong the frame is wonderful also. It is super light and the blue color changes depending on the light. It looks great. The Fizik seat is also really nice. Compared to the Selle San Marco saddles I had been ridind this thing is like a pillow. I have no numbness and no saddle sores so far. I went to race it today but the race was canceled because of snow so I'll have to report more on how it is to race on later, but I can't imagine it won't be exquisite. I still have to get the fit exactly right, seat and handlebar postition, and then I'll be able to do a much better review. So for now that's it, keep riding!

No comments: