Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June Racing (an interesting month)

I made a conscious attempt to race in the month of June after almost the entire team took the whole month of May off. I looked up races so I'd have at least one possibility every weekend. Even with the weekend I was moving to Mechanicsburg i managed to find a suitable race to do. Good thing I did go to that race because it was the only race I managed to finish this month. The first TT of the month I ended up flatting out. Then I finished well in Erie and things seemed to be looking up. Finally I showed up at the Brookville race because I couldn't make it to the VA state ITT championships after my boss decided I needed to start my night shift training on Sunday night and I wouldn't have made it back on time. That race was the biggest disaster of all since it was canceled because the township, in all of their wisdom, decided the day before a bike race would be the ideal time to re-tar and chip the roads. Anyway, my busy racing month of June turned into more of just a busy month for driving to races, not much actual racing was done. Although I must admit it was worth the ride. Hopefully July will be just as much fun and the races will be more of a success.

1 comment:

Henry Dimmick said...

Too bad you don't get some kind of frequet traveler points...or something from EZPass :)