Thursday, July 23, 2009

My dream bike is finally here



Today after months of procrastination I finally built up my dream bike, well almost. Last weekend I decided that since I will be riding my Florida bike for a while longer I should build it up with the usable parts from by Six13. So that was my mission for today. It was a pretty easy switch out since I wasn't changing most of the stuff. First I removed the rear deraileur pulleys from my destroyed DA deraileur on my Six13 and transplanted them onto the 9 speed ultegra deraileur that I have on my FL bike. Next I transplanted the handlebar/stem/shifters in their entirty from the Six13 to the FL bike. Finally I switched the Easton wheelset on my FL bike with the Ksyrium SL wheelset from my cross bike. Now I have my Cannondale Caad7 frameset built up with DA 10 shifters, 9 speed RD with 10 speed pulleys, 105 9 speed FD, and of course Cdale Hollowgram crankset and Ksyrium SL wheels. This is truely my dream bike. I'll add the SRM in the coming days and it will truely be a killer machine.

Oh yeah, I also stole the headset from my Six13 and replaced the Campy Hiddenset that came on the frame and was now completely trashed.

Amazing ride, amazing bike.

I can't wait to pick up a BB30 caad9 and Supersix later this year:)

No comments: