Monday, March 14, 2011

2011 Dismal Dash #1

Unlike any of the past years' races this year the Dismal Dash was warm, sunny, and lacking any significant amount of wind.  This was my first race of 2011 and this year I decided to change up my warm-up routine a little bit so I lengthened it to 30 minutes and made it a little harder than before.  My hope was that this would better prepare my legs for the destruction that they were about to experience.
I started the race easier than normal to try to ease my way into it.  All seemed to be going well with a slight head/cross wind for the first 4 miles.  That was great because it meant that the last 4 miles was a tail wind and at that point I was dieing and was readily accepting any help available.
The nicer weather(and possibly me being a bit stronger this year) allowed me to cut 3 minutes off of my time from last year and finish in 3rd place in the Cat1/2/3 and 3rd Overall.
(I was number 278, 2 additional times were added to this list bumping me into third place)

4 comments:

Affib Rider said...

Good Job Brownie!!!

Henry Dimmick said...

Your bike is almost as big as your car...... but WAY FASTER (with you on it)!!!

Kirk Morrison said...

Outstanding !
You beat last years finish by over a mile (literally).
Congratulations !

Pale and Scrawny said...

Who turned in the 52???? Brian you are still a rock star! 3 minutes faster. Jeez I'm scared!