Thursday, March 03, 2005


Speedplay Zero stainless steel pedals Posted by Hello
I got my new Speedplay pedals in the mail today when I got home and just installed them and tried them out. The fit is great on my Shimano shoes. The double sided entry is great and really easy. They feel like they have a really secure lock on your feet once you clip in. It may just be me but I can't really tell much difference between the float on the Speedplay pedals from my old Look style pedals. I do have them set for 7degrees of float so they are pretty similar to my old pedals in that way, the Look's had 6degrees of float. The contact area seems to be as large as the Look's or atleast I can't feel a difference there either. For me the main difference seemed to be the ease of the double sided entry and the cleats are metal on the bottom and don't seem like they will wear as fast as the Look cleats. I've tried the X series and really don't like all of that float, when I stand to pedal or sprint I bounce my heels off of the chain stays.

No comments: