Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peanut Butter Festival

Now I realized going in that I haven't been riding my MTB. I mean even less than normal so I was ready to go in with absolutely no technical skills but that is OK since there are none (or next to none) required for this wide open course. I was thinking my fitness could carry me through for a decent finish and that is right when m fitness failed. I do believe that this could be classified as my worst race ever. Even after my 10 hour cramping experience at the Wilderness 101. I had an asthma attack and got lost in this race. I don't understand why it is but when I get on a MT bike it just feels like all of the power is sucked right out of my legs. Oh well, I guess there is always next year. It was cool that Sam got the race win, Rich got third in his age group, and although I'm not completely sure I think I managed to win the "male nurse" category. It was painful and my worst race ever but I'll be back next year.

I was actually pretty happy about how I did on the MTB parts of the course like stream crossings and logs. I didn't have to put a foot down on any of them which is a major accomplishment for me. However not being able to breathe will quickly put an end to chances of doing well in any bike race


And now it's time to reveal............................................................................................................
Ironcross Weaponry
atleast until I save up the $$ for my dream bike

No comments: