Wednesday, September 03, 2008

2nd place, State TT championships

During the winter I was sitting in Indiana Cycling and Fitness talking to Rich on a cold snowy day and I told him, "This year I'm actually going to train hard and not just ride a bunch of junk miles." Problem is that is the exact thing I told him last winter and it never happened. Fast forward 9 months and I'm in my top condition and totally prepared for this race. I actually did train this year but how would it all play out. I had a good warm up and I felt ready. I started out into a slight head wind and I could see it reflected in my time. I was 15 seconds slower to the turnaround than when Rich and I had done this course in July. I was really hurting but I guess that's good because it means I was going hard enough. I may even have gone out too hard. On the way back I managed to make up some time and I ended up finishing 30 seconds faster than the TT in July on the same course. I was happy with my time but now came the long wait to see how it compared to the others. Long story short it was good enough (only good enough) for second place. I guess training with a purpose really does pay off. I just like to say thank you to everyone who has helped get me started into racing and all of the knowledge you all have shared. I'd gladly split my metal with all of you but the thing is so small it looks more like a key chain.(Medal shown here larger than actual size)

1 comment:

Henry Dimmick said...

Awesome ride Brownie.......... and a great feeling knowing you have worked hard and it paid off.

In cycling, as you know, he who can suffer the most will prevail. Your suffering during the TT is certainly the best indicator that you left it all on the road.

So.........now for a bit more suffering....

Nice "key chain" :)