Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New TT PR



Sunday was the Carlisle 40k ITT. Nice warm day with a head wind on the first 20k and a really nice tail wind on the trip home. I set a new PR of 0:52:37 almost 2 minutes better than my previous best. It was good enough for 1st place in Cat 3 and 3rd place overall. I only lost to 2 cat 1-2 guys so I can't be too upset but winning is always more fun.
Second race of the day was a 7 mile uphill time trial that was started as a mass start. The first two miles were flat and at a fairly easy pace. That let me hide my legs that were still fried from the morning 40k. As soon as the race headed uphill someone jumped. He had fresh legs since this guy wasn't at the 40k. One other guy jumped on his wheel and I followed. There were only 3 of us and I thought I may have more left than I thought. This feeling didn't last long because as soon as I sat down after my acceleration I knew I was dead in the water. From there on out I went at my own pace and struggled but ended up finishing 10th place. My time in the morning race was enough that it would have given me the win if this had been scored as a stage race.

Tuesday racing in Shippensburg
Today I did the Tuesday training race in Shippensburg. It was painful as all of my experiences with road racing seem to be and my legs were still tired from Sunday. It was a good workout and now I just have to take it easy until Saturday's race in Virginia.

On a side note, I went to Pittsburgh Probikes on Saturday with Rich. That is one awsome store and I was highly impressed to say the least. As you can see above, I had a chance to sport my new Probikes shirt at the race on Sunday.

No comments: