Monday, June 08, 2009

Philadelphia Amature TT

(I'm in the money)

After waking up at 3am I still managed to get 1st place Cat. 3 and 5th place overall. It was a beautiful day and a great venue. Super smooth blacktop and completely closed to traffic. The only part of the course that kind of sucked was the expansion joints in the road 1/2 mile into the course and then again 1/2 mile to the finish. There were 3 of them and they were huge. Enough to make me loose my bottle. Not that it mattered on a course this short or at this particular temp but still. This was the most professional amature TT I've ever seen. The timing system was great and they had a spotter calling the upcoming riders # ahead to the finish so they had your time and finish place on the clock as you were approaching. This would have been great except that I didn't get to see mine because I ended up passing my 1 1/2 minute man in the finishing chute so his time was up on the clock and I never did get to see mine. The weather couldn't have been any better, sunny and 70 degrees at race time with very little wind. It was a really nice race but driving 2.5 hours at 3am to race 8.6 miles is crazy.

No comments: