Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday night Yellow Breeches TT

Today was my second attempt at the Yellow Breeches Racing weeknight TT. Since the first one I have moved into my new home and now I'm only 4 miles from the TT start. It's nice to be able to ride to the start and home again afterword. The first time I did this race I finished in 23:??(about 19). My goal is to someday do it in under 23 minutes. Tonight was not the night. Every thing started well enough but when I got to the turnaround point I made my turn about 1/4 mile too early because someone had placed a traffic cone there to mark something on the road. I saw an orange cone and just turned. I didn't even think that it was the wrong one until I was headed the wrong way and the guy that I had just passed seconds earlier was yelling at me asking me where I was going. I thought about throwing in the towel and just soft pedaling back to the start and home but I decided to turn around again and go to the correct turn around and try to finish strong. This being one of my last really hard intervals in preparation for the PA state TT next weekend. I ended up with a time of 24:05. Not really that bad since I lost a bunch with two extra turnarounds, some extra distance added between the turnarounds before I figured out that I had screwed up, and some lost time when I was coasting and trying to decide if I should bag it and go home or turn around and finish hard. If the weather holds the plan is to do this again on Thursday so maybe I'll get a clean run and be able to take another shot at sub-23.

1 comment:

Affib Rider said...

Getting senile at your advanced age are ya? "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"