Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Final race weekend of 2009



2 days, 4 races, 8 hours driving, unlimited amounts of fun!

Saturday's race was a mud fest. It was cold and wet and muddy. I decided to do the cat. 4 race and 3/4 race. The cat. 4 race came first. I started out well and got off to a pretty good start but then, of course, I had an asthma attack three quarters of a lap into the race. From there it was all I could do to hang on til the finish. I ended up 8th finishing just behind Dirty Mike. It was good enough to score some nice socks, a Camelbak bottle, a bike light and some candy:)
Next came the 3/4 race and I couldn't get clipped in at the start. I ended up just riding it out and finished 27th. My lungs felt awful and I wanted to quit but I gutted it out.

Sunday started with a trip to Duncan Donuts on the race to the Raccoon Twp. for another 2 race day. The weather was significantly better than on Saturday and less muddy so I decided to run my Kenda small block 8 cross tires. It was a huge mistake. Once the corners started to get muddy and ripped up the mud completely filled the tread on my tires and turned them into slicks. Slowly making my way through I ended up finishing in 3rd just behind Steve (he had a great race) too bad we couldn't quite catch the leader.
In the 3/4 race Henry, Steve and I decided to just ride at the back of the pack and parade around the course together and heckle the hecklers. It was a great way to show support and end the season.


I almost forgot to mention something. It turns out that the reason I was having problems getting clipped in all weekend was that one of the clips had broken off of my right pedal making it only have 2 engagement points instead of four:(

No comments: