Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nittany Lion 'Cross

120 people in a Cat4 CX race?  That's crazy!  I started 1/3 of the way back the pack so there really was no sprint from the line.  More like a steady roll out.  For the first 2 laps I was steadily picking off riders and improving my placing.  For the next 3 laps I pretty much held my position without passing or being passed.  In the middle of the final lap(in 15th place) I hit a large hole and my right shifter slid down the handlebar pulling my rear brake tight and making my bike unridable.  I ran almost half of the course to get to the pit and then grabbed my other bike and sprinted to the finish.  While running I fell from 15th to 33rd.  'CrossFail


Notice anything wrong with this picture?  NO GLOVES!  Ask Zach how that worked out for him?













No comments: