Friday, September 09, 2011

CX racing and Tour De Latonka


Last weekend was a busy one.  I started by driving 4.5 hours after work Friday  to get to Steve's In-law's house so I could use that as a staging point for the weekend's racing.
Saturday was the first CX race of the year.  It was super hot(95 degrees and sunny).  I ended up finishing 8th and Steve finished 7th.  Hanna finished 6th in the women's race.  Kirk was in the Super Master's race and finished in 15th place.  It was a good time and I felt good on most of the course.  It was really tough through the single track section and the sand pit.  Steve did really well in those sections.  I was disappointed by how much I faded in the second half of the race.  I guess I gotta start training again.
how I felt after each day of racing
Sunday was the Tour De Latonka and it was, once again, killer.  I felt really good for the first 5/6th of the race and was leading going into the final two mountain stages.  Then I bonked and would have crumbled and given up the lead but Skip waited for me and let me keep yellow.  It was a great time and I can't wait to do it again.  It seems like a really good way to kick start a cyclocross training program.  Hopefully I'll be stronger headed forward from here on out.

2 comments:

Affib Rider said...

Good job Brownie. how did the Focus perform?

Shredder said...

Hopkinator it was great that your schedule freed up so you could be there. A couple of those TTTs were a blast. I especially liked the last one - a couple turns, power up, hammer down, in the rain. With you, Skip and HD. We were flying. Made me remember why I like riding.