Thursday, July 07, 2011

Church Creek 40K ITT #1

I'll keep this short and sweet since it's 2 weeks late anyway.  The drive to the race was uneventful.  Warmup went well but it was really hot.  This race is kind of unique in that you have to ride 5 miles from registration/warmup area to the start of the race.  I made it to the start line just a few minutes early and felt good at the start.  Very good, in fact.  I started out way too fast averaging over 30 MPH for the first 6 miles.  There was a tailwind during that period but it was still way too hard.  After that I settled down into a nice rhythm but the damage was already done.  At about the 10 mile mark I was really starting to feel the effects of my fast start and from the half way point I was just trying to hold on for an OK finish.  I ended up getting my second wind at around mile 22 and put in a nice push to the finish.  Final time was +-55:30 and good enough for second place.  Still in 1st place for the Mid Atlantic Time Trial Series but hopefully I can make a stronger showing at the next race. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in wheels and tires ..here are new types of weights that attach with an adhesive, which may eliminate scarring and scratching.Tires Florida