Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend in the dirt

Saturday MTB Race
Richie and I showed up at Yellow Creek Saturday morning. It was just about perfect weather for a race. Sunny and temps in the 70s. The race started of at a good pace and things seemed to be going well. About 2 miles in I had a bobble and 5 guys came past me(including Richie). I worked the rest of the race to pull them back. For a while I was stuck behind a 3 man group because I can barely ride a Mt bike let alone pass on single track. Eventually I got to a short uphill double track section and I made the pass and continued in that position for the rest of the race. It was a fun day to play in the dirt. I ended up in 14th place and Richie was just in front of me finishing in 12th place.
Sunday at Raystown
Early on Sunday morning I set out of the trails at Raystown lake. Originally I had planned to ride all 32miles of trail but had to cut my ride in half because I needed to get home. These trails are a blast to ride even though they are not challenging in any way. There are no climbs to speak of just lots of short ups and downs. The trails are sorted like ski trails from blue rectangles to black diamonds. The only real difference in the difficulty lever is the amount of elevation change. Definitely worth the trip but it may only be a one time experience.

No comments: