Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Carlisle 40k ITT- 6/19/11

I had big plans for this weekend.  I was planning on going to Pittsburgh to race at the track on Friday and then travel to Erie to race at Presque Isle on Sunday.  After a series of events that included: 1)most of my teammates going to Colorado and 2)I decided it just wasn't worth driving that far on my birthday weekend, I decided to stay close to home and race in Carlisle so I only had to drive 7 miles to the race start.  I made every mistake possible leading into this race:

1)Didn't ride the day before the race
2) Didn't ride 2 of 3 days prior to the race(Thursday and Saturday)
3) Drove 7 hours the day before the race and then sat around for 6 hours at a family reunion
4)Didn't drink enough the day before the race(start of dehydration)
5)Ate bad mayonnaise at the family reunion and got diarrhea (continued dehydration)
6) ran out of Breathe Right strips
7)Ate breakfast 2 hours before race start
8) Arrived at race start 1 hour early(instead of 2 hours early like normal)

The race was pretty uneventful.  The wind was blowing in an odd direction.  It usually blows from west to east providing a tailwind for the return leg of the race but it was blowing the opposite way this day making for a killer return. 
I ended up winning with a time of 55:10 but it is my worst time ever on this course.  I was able to get my 2011 Sub 1 hour t-shirt but that's about all. 

1 comment:

Affib Rider said...

#5 = TMI...... Good job non the less.