Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Racing into shape


The phrase "racing into shape" just never made much sense to me when used to describe how Grand Tour riders would show up for the event slightly under trained and get faster over the course of the event.
Well,.................I guess I was wrong. This summer I've done more racing than ever before between weekend races, Tuesday night races in Shippensburg, and Thursday night time trials with YBR. Throw in a few more YBR/Ship/South Mountain smackdown races and I've been racing about 3 times a week all summer. It's great because on days when I don't race I don't have to worry about intervals because I'm just doing recovery rides.
The only reason I'm thinking about this is because after a killer Tour de LaTonka over the weekend and a hard ride with Sean yesterday I was going to take today off to get caught up with some stuff around the house. I ended up deciding at the last minute to go to the Shippensburg race and ended up winning the sprint even though I thought I was too tired and should have stayed home. Just goes to show you how much I really don't know. Suprise, Suprise!

No comments: